Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's Working For Me This Week


It's Wednesday, which means it's time for me to share what's been working in my life, saving my sanity, etc.

Blistex Lip Medex: This stuff is addictive, but worth the dependency, especially in these winter months. I have this thing about my kids having chapped lips so I have little blue pots tucked in strategic places for quick application. (Why do children lick their lips until they're bright red?) I've been handing it out a lot more than usual these past few weeks. I am so glad I have it and it's entirely possible that I bought a case or two of it because I don't ever want to run out.

Tyson Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips came in handy last week when it was way too cold to actually grill out, yet I needed to add grilled chicken to a pasta dish I'd planned to cook. Though of course it wasn't as good as homemade, it really wasn't that bad, especially tossed with the pasta. Keep it in mind if you need to add some grilled chicken to something and don't have the time or the weather to make your own.

My McAlisters Deli cup: Like a Tervis tumbler, but it looks just like the large cup they serve tea in. Every time you bring it back they refill it for just 99 cents. I love their unsweet tea with a few packages of Splenda added to it. It's a small thing but it makes me happy. And with this cup I can also make my own tea at home and enjoy it at home too.



My new reading journal. Thanks to Modern Mrs Darcy's recommendation I finally took the plunge and bought an actual reading journal instead of the old spiral notebook I used to use. This feels very official and has several fun sections to fill in. My favorite is the list of books to read in the back. I'll be adding, and adding, and adding.


Chocolate Almond Milk: I'm back on the healthy eating bandwagon but let's face it, sometimes you still just need a little chocolate. Having this in the fridge enables me to get the taste of chocolate without feeling like I totally blew it. A little glass is usually just enough.
Pin It!

No comments: