Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Italian Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole


My family loved this dish. Raved about it. Didn't complain when I served the leftovers. That's why I'm posting it here. Because my family rarely raves. So when they do, I take notice. And then I share...




Italian Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole

2 pounds of ground Italian sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 3/4 cups long-grain wild rice (throw away any flavor packets it comes with-- you won't need it)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13X9 baking dish.

In a large skillet, combine sausage, onion and celery and cook until sausage is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
Stir in soup, broth and rice. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Pin It!

2 comments:

JottinMama said...

I love anything with rice.

Thanks for sharing, Marybeth. I hope you have a great Monday - and I hope the novel writing is going very well :)

- Kate

Lilly said...

thank you for the recipe. It looks great. Will make it tomorrow for my family. thanks!