Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... watching yellow leaves flutter to the ground. Blue skies. Crisp air. Am so enjoying fall this year instead of grieving summer's loss.

I am grateful... for family life. We had a weekend of nothing on the calendar and I needed it.

I am thinking about... how to help one of my kids with an issue. Something she wanted didn't happen and she's sad-- with good reason. It's so hard to watch your kids go through disappointments. Even though I know she will grow stronger through this, I would love to save her from it.

From the kitchen... a change of pace for breakfast. I will be sharing some recipes tomorrow so stop back by!

I am reading... Isaiah, one chapter a day in The Message. It's one of my favorite books in the Bible. Also reading some YA books-- trying to learn how it's done.

I am hoping... that my daughter has a good day at school today in spite of her setbacks.

I am praying... for something I hope to share later. :)

I am hearing... the vacuum, the kids yelling at the dog. Family life.

Around the house... meals and cleaning and taking the dog out and keeping up with library books.

I am pondering... themes in fiction

One of my favorite things... biting into a big, crisp apple.

A few plans for the rest of the week... speaking on writing to the 7th graders at my kids' school, the last week (til we reconvene in Jan) of the book study group I've been attending, errands, and writing, writing, writing.

Want to read more Simple Woman's Daybook entries? Visit this link:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Marybeth, I know exactly how you feel about your daughter and her disappointment. We have to let these things happen to our children, but it is oh so difficult.
I could use some new breakfast ideas, I get in such a rut.
Next weekend is my break, not much on that schedule, and I can't wait!!
Have a wonderful week