Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Questions About Me


I got these questions from Sarah Elizabeth at Daughter of the King. She apparently got them from someone else. They do this as a Wednesday post. I am doing it on a Tuesday. It all works out.

1. What was your first job?
At a clothing store. I worked every Saturday from 10-6. My mom got me the job. She came home one day and said, "I got you a job. You start Saturday." The following Saturday, she put me in the car and dropped me off on the curb by the store. I stood there trying to figure out what had just happened. Now I know it was that I was 15 and she just couldn't come home and find me lounging unproductively on the couch one more time. This was a very good precedent and I pretty much did the same thing to my oldest when he was 15. I highly recommend it.

2. Have you ever seen a stand-up comedian?
We saw Sinbad live last year. We would go see him again in a minute.

3. When was the last time you played mini golf?
I dragged my family there when we had 3 small children because I thought it would be "fun." It was a pirate-themed mini golf place and my oldest was in a pirate phase. Not the ideal thing to do with 3 small children and I have no desire to ever do it again.

4. What was the last picture you took?
Easter pictures. I actually got one of all 6 of the children, a rarity.

5. Burnt food: yes or no?
Never ever for any reason.

6. If you have a pocket full of change, what do you do with it?
Spend it on coffee.

7. Can you touch your tongue to your nose?
No. But I can launch spit bubbles off my tongue, a skill I acquired in college. Never say that my parents' money was wasted on my education, no sirree.

8. Do you scrapbook?
This is a sad story filled with regret. I used to but I haven't in about 5 years. The writing just took over and there are only so many hours in a day. Moving on from this sensitive topic...

9. Do you buy lottery tickets?
No. I have bought raffle tickets before though. Mostly because the kid selling them looked desperate, not because I actually thought I would win.

10. Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind it?
Behind it. Always.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Maribeth, I actually enjoy posts like this, because I get to learn odd little things about you! The most interesting tidbit---true confessions in mini golfing!
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

We hsve alot in common, Marybeth...only i'm single (never married) and don't write...but i read ALOT love this blog, and this post.

Zibilee said...

We have a great comedy club that is really close to the house, and usually go once or twice a month. It's a really cheap date, and raising two teenagers, we need the laughs! I am also a big scrapbooker, but I often forget to take pictures at critical moments, so all the pictures I scrapbook are normal everyday scenes. I loved this post, Marybeth. I feel like I got a peek into a side of you I don't know!

Cheri Bunch said...

Fun visit today! Thanks! Cheri