Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Thought: STOP


I received this little acronym as part of a lenten thought that was sent out via a mother's group I used to be part of. As the author, Margie Eades, said, it's something to keep in mind during Lent, but also during the rest of the year. It's really a code to live your life by, boiled down to four simple thoughts but rippling into every aspect of your walk:

My Daily Pledge to STOP this Lent

Seeking God first in my life to do His will
Trust with courage and to not be afraid
Open my heart with humility and obedience
Pray for the Lord's guidance and wisdom

I want to STOP more often. Press pause in the rush and noise of life. Seek, trust, open my heart and pray with intention.

What about you? Are you willing to STOP?
Pin It!

1 comment:

GladMom24 said...

love it!
new here,found you via Ann :) and now you too are on my gifts list.