Pages

Friday, October 09, 2009

The Simple Things


What are these kids doing?? Why jumping on bubble wrap of course! We got a box with an abundance of bubble wrap inside so I turned them loose with it that afternoon. When the noise got too deafening, I sent them outside with it to bother the neighbors. They looked so happy I just had to capture their joy with these photos.

We tend to get caught up in all the "stuff" our kids want-- and the stuff we want to give our kids. But it's the simple things that sneak up and surprise us. The unexpected bubble wrap to jump on, the puddles to splash in, the joy of baking side by side and then eating our creations... the little life moments that add up to big memories. I want to be more intentional about appreciating those simple things that bring us simple joy.

What simple things are you looking forward to this weekend?

Pin It!

10 comments:

dawn said...

looking forward to seeing you, curt and some of the kids tonight! bring on the good times!!!

Arlene said...

Let's not forget getting a big present at Christmas, then playing with the empty box! Those lessons teach us that you don't need a lot of money to have fun, just your imagination and your loved ones. Great pics, by the way!

DOakley said...

Well, it's Thanksgiving up here in Canada. I'm thankful for a job that I love that allows me to be at home with a boss I get along with and appreciates my efforts (LOL).

As for what I'll be looking forward to...turkey dinner, stew cookout with friends tomorrow, and holding my baby boy...who is quickly growing into a toddler. *sniff*

Looking forward to being in the house of the Lord this morning. I'm on the worship team, this morning, and I know many people look forward to hearing me, so I'm glad for the opportunity for the Lord to use my voice to bring people closer to Him.

Mocha with Linda said...

That's great! Bubble wrap is one of the best inventions!

Jodie Wolfe said...

I look forward to the blessing of just being together as a family and perhaps going for a hike in the woods to enjoy the fall leaves that are changing so quickly here in PA.

Blessings,
Pearls

Zoe Elmore said...

This looks like great fun! I think we should host a "Girlfriends Night In" and turn everyone loose with bubble wrap.

Marie said...

It's amazing how kids view things differently than we do. I remember going through a very rough patch. I took my children to a hamburger stand because that was all I could afford at the time and to this day they still tell me that day and the times that followed were "good times."

Micca said...

Good stuff, Marybeth! I love your family!

Rhonda said...

I love bubble wrap!

I come to your site everyday; thank you so much for your ideas on running this business we call "family". Your ideas are great but your witness is so much greater!

God has given you a wonderful gift and you are a blessing!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

At a friend's 2nd birthday party, her mom had bought a giant roll of bubblewrap from Sam's Club. She unrolled the whole thing and all the kidlets ran across it over and over again. It was a ton of fun and much more entertaining than a bounce house or slip and slide!