Pages

Thursday, October 01, 2009

The One Year Book of Inspiration For Girlfriends Review


I got this book through Tyndale's book review blog network, thinking it looked like something I might like. I am very choosy about what I agree to review, but this one looked worthwhile. It might just be the toppled over Starbucks drink cup that resonated with me.

Even though the book begins with daily readings starting in January, I just flipped to the September date it arrived on and began reading and it worked just fine. I have to say that this book would make a nice gift for a friend-- especially a friend who is "juggling not-so-perfect, often-crazy, but gloriously real" life, as the subtitle says. So since we have less than 90 days of shopping left for Christmas, make a note somewhere to put this on your list of gift ideas.

While I wouldn't call this book a devotion and wouldn't use it for a full-fledged quiet time, I have enjoyed the short daily readings and it is great to glean from if you are, like many of us, on the run. Interspersed throughout the book are pages that offer the reader a place to respond on a personal level. I like how interactive this feature made the book. I also like that this is one of those books that began as a daily blog called Truth Nuggets-- the author's way of encouraging her friends that grew in popularity and a publishing deal came out of it.

You can find the author at http://www.ellenmiller.com/ and you can find the book at this link. A cute journal, a nice pen, and a copy of the book would make a nice gift for a special girlfriend in your life!
Pin It!

No comments: