Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mini Apple Pies... Yum!


I got this from A Heart For Home enewsletter, which I have reprinted recipes from in the past. These sounded fun and easy to make so I thought some of you might like to try them!

This is a simple recipe that is good for breakfast, afternoon tea, a bedtime snack or dessert. These little apple pies don’t store well, however – they’re best eaten right from the oven. Warm and delicious!

Mini Apple Pies
3/4 C. flour
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C. butter
1 – 16.3 oz. can of Pillsbury Grands Original Flaky Biscuits
1 – 21 oz. can of apple pie filling

In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar & cinnamon. Mix in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside. Split each biscuit in half to make 16 pieces. Press each one into an ungreased muffin cup. Spoon 1 heaping tabl. of pie filling into each cup. Sprinkle each with 1 tabl. crumb mixture. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes and remove from cups; place on wire rack to finish cooling. Serve warm with whipped cream on top, if desired.

If you would like to subscribe to A Heart For Home, send a blank e-mail to:
aheartforhome-subscribe@welovegod.org
Pin It!

6 comments:

Eagles Wings said...

Yummy they sound good and easy to make.

Unknown said...

I'm making these tonight. Wish me luck!!!
Erin

Unknown said...

OK, on behalf of Hailey and Zoe we would like to tell you that we LOVED the min apple pies. They each ate 2 and we are going to share them with our neighbors. Thank you so much. I've been "commanded" to make them often. Peace. Erin

Marybeth Whalen said...

Erin-- thank you for letting me know! I haven't made them so I am glad you let me know that they are worth trying! Tonight we resorted to brownie sundaes made with a box of Ghiradelli brownies and vanilla ice cream on top. It did the trick and I am stuffed! :)

Unknown said...

These sound VERY good!

Unknown said...

Hi MaryBeth. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me and the girls for you to respond to our comment. All of us felt so special. I have followed Proverbs 31 for such a long time-reading the devotions following different blogs and feeling blessed by all of it. Thank you so much for being there for us-encouraging and uplifting us. (ok, mostly me:)) Oh, and both sets of neighbors who received our mini apple pies Loved! them. Hope you are able to make them soon. Erin