Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some Last Words Before She Speaks


Here's another great post for those of you who are going to She Speaks. This one includes info about a blogger meet and greet on Friday night. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I am probably not going to be posting anymore this week after this one, simply because:

  1. I have a sinus infection. Yes, the sickness that I have talked about has morphed into an actual identifiable, drug prescribable illness. But hopefully with the start of drugs comes the start of health... I appreciate your prayers b/c my voice has definitely been affected and I have to speak on Saturday... perhaps some of you remember the coughing situation from last year? I am having flashbacks.
  2. I have to pack and make sure my daughter packs.
  3. We have an out of town guest. Oh Kaaaren, I have your daughter. And I might not return her!
  4. I have to make food for my family to eat while I am gone. I did actually get to the grocery yesterday to get the stuff they will need for meals, even with a sinus infection. Insert martyr pose here.
  5. My son has a consult for some oral surgery he is having on Monday. We are book-ending my She Speaks experience with his surgery. Isn't that special?
  6. That same son has a birthday party tonight at our pool. Because, you know, it wouldn't be fitting to just relax and take things easy the night before a big conference now would it? Nope. It would seem not!

So, hence the reason for this being my last post for the week. BUT I will be Twittering all through the conference so you can catch up with me here and see what's going on (Twitter updates are in the top right corner of the blog), check my status on Facebook (Twitter feeds right to Facebook-- I just love technology--when it works for me and not against me), or follow me on Twitter (there is a link in the top right corner that will take you to where you can follow).

I want to leave you with one last thought that I read yesterday in my quiet time. For those of you who are going to She Speaks, I want you to be thinking about this verse all through the weekend. Because it's what we all need to remember:

Psalm 57:2, "I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills His purpose for me."

We all have different purposes-- custom made for us, crafted by His hands. It's easy to look over at the purposes of others and get off track. It's easy to see others' purposes being fulfilled and wonder: will that ever be me? This weekend, make your heart's cry for His ears and trust that He WILL fulfill His purpose for you.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Amen and amen to His custom crafted purpose for us....

but do I have to make meals for the family? I was going to somehow "forget" that one. ;)
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Karen Ehman said...

Can't wait to see your lovely self!!!!! :-) Okay....and to get my daughter back!!! Cyber hugs!

Bonita said...

Great verse! Looking forward to seeing the completely well version of you!

Lani - the flowerlady said...

My our God who is strong, heal and strengthen you as you fulfill His purposes for this weekend. He is strong in our weakness.

Thank you for your encouragement, sometimes that is exactly where I am, looking at someone else, wondering when it will be my turn for that. Right now is my turn for this, for today, to fulfill what His purpose for me is today. I needed to remember that.

Blessings

Amy Jo said...

Oh, Marybeth! You have a lot going on! I'm praying right now for you that God will heal you and give you all that you need for the next week or so. :-) Wish I was attending this week, but we are in the process of bringing home our son from Ethiopia - and the funds just weren't in our budget. Hopefully next year!

Looking forward to hearing how God moved and provided!

Sweet blessings,
Amy in OR

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Just to whisper...

I am praying for you tonight, Marybeth....

God upholds you...

All's grace,
Ann