Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook Monday July 13, 2009


For Today...

Outside my window... It's still dark but I am hoping for a nice sunny day so we can get to the pool.

From the learning rooms... Picking back up with our Summer Bridge books after a week off.

I am thankful for... a safe trip for my kids. They were in a fender bender coming home but no one was hurt, thank the Lord.

From the kitchen... still on strike for one more week... aaaah! I am planning a trip to the produce stand to pick up more tomatoes and peaches soon. I could live off bacon and tomato sandwiches with a fresh peach for dessert-- divine!

I am wearing... my green Ireland tee shirt and black knit capris... I will be on the treadmill in this outfit later so this isn't about looking good so much as feeling comfortable.

I am reading... Save The Cat Goes To The Movies-- a book about screenwriting that is so fascinating! I am loving it! I am also reading Journaling As A Spiritual Practice for my quiet time and loving it too! I love it when I have good books to read!!

I am hoping... for a week that goes well. After our week off last week with three of the kids being at the beach, I hope this week is peaceful and fun and not full of the turmoil that can come with adjusting to so much togetherness after time apart.

I am creating... documents I need for She Speaks, which begins for the speaker team just two weeks from Wednesday!!

I am praying... for God's will in all things. And for His prompting and insight at all times.

Around the house... three kids' worth of laundry to do from their week away.

One of my favorite things... my children's faces-- I missed those faces this past week. Also seeing them run to me when they got home. A happy reunion!

A few plans for the rest of the week... blueberry picking, trips to the pool, referreeing, She Speaks preparations, maybe some blackberry picking, maybe a summer movie, my daughter volunteering at Proverbs (which means driving her there), an oral surgeon appointment for my son who needs to have teeth removed, and some fun plans with friends this weekend.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Karen said...

How did you manage to go on strike in the kitchen??? Sounds wonderful!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. Where may I purchase your book (Learning to Live Financially Free)? BTW, congrats on your weight loss and thanks for inspiring me. Have a great day!!

Carol said...

Love reading these. Like a window into your life... Thanks for sharing. Have fun at She Speaks this year. Me and my big preggo belly will be at home! :(

Bonita said...

Enjoy your final week of strike!

Courtney said...

so funny that you are still on strike :) but best of luck with all that laundry. I only have one and I can't seem to ever get it done!

Arlene said...

I'm curious: how are the children handling their own food prep? Have they come to appreciate all the work mom does, or are they content to eat pb&j everyday?

Great daybook. Have a blessed week.