Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Bring It To Me Devotion


I have been remiss this week in posting here daily... which makes no sense as my load was much lighter on the homefront! Have you ever had plans about the way you thought something was going to go-- only to have them completely not go that way?? Well that's how this week has been for me. Three of my kids are gone with their grandmother to the beach. One of my kids stayed with my father in law. And my husband was gone til today. So for most of this week, it's just been me, my 3yo, and my 14 yo. (She was even gone one of the nights!) I have had a lighter load-- but not more time like I anticipated. What's up with that??

Oh well, I have enjoyed every second-- that's what counts! On Monday my 14 yo said, "Mom, why do I feel like this week is going to go by too fast?"

I looked at her and replied, "Because it is."

Don't get me wrong, I love and miss my kids-- but the noise reduction and reduced extra work of cleaning up after, feeding, and referreeing those three particular children has been a welcome and restful break. A public thank you goes out to my mother in law for her service to our family!!

Today I have a devotion running at P31. Welcome if you are stopping by to visit after reading! I love this particular devotion because it came in a burst right after my son said that. I went to my room, opened my computer and wrote it all down. Devotions don't always come to me like that-- some are harder work to write than others-- so I especially love it when that happens and remember those writing experiences fondly. Those are nice little surprises from God, and in my opinion they are the best devotions I write because they come straight from His heart to mine and then I get to share them with you!

What do you need to bring to God today? I would love it if you would share it here. Let's all lift each other up in prayer as we hear what's on each other's hearts.

To be fair, I will start: I am continually bringing my writing efforts to Him. I can't write a novel, a book, a devotion, an article or anything without first bringing it to Him. The verse, "Apart from Him, I can do nothing" comes to mind... For those of you who read my post "Before And After," my dieting adventures were definitely a minute by minute "bring it to me" situation. There were times I really thought I couldn't do the diet one more minute-- I wanted bread or a cookie or just a bowl of cereal so badly. So I would bring it to Him-- bring Him my goals and desires, bring Him my waning willpower-- and let Him equip me to make it through. And He always would. Additionally right now I have started a new venture (news coming soon!) and every time I get that "Oh my goodness I can't do this! Why did I say I would?" feeling, I have to just bring it to Him. It's too big for me, but it's not for Him.

Bring it to me... I needed to read my own reminder this morning.
Pin It!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I found you on the P31 site. What a great devotion today! I am a trying-to-recover control freak and perfectionist. I had an indiscretion (understatement) that has wreaked havoc on my life... if not for Christ. It will be some time before it's straightened out. It's too much to go into here, but if anyone reads this and feels so lead, feel free to lift me and my family up in prayer; God will know who you're talking about. :)
I'm new to the P31 world, and I look forward to "getting to know" you and the other authors there through your wonderful devotions and blogs. I praise God for your uplifting ministry.
And you have a BEAUTIFUL family! :)
God bless you,
Karla T.

The Fab 5 said...

Just what I needed. I have been struggling with some family issues. I have been at my breaking point and this is what I needed to hear. I was to the point that I didn't want to forgive and be a good christian anymore. However that is my job as a christian to do to follow God's word in good and easy times and also in hard times. I have given this challenge to him and know to turn the other cheek and stand tall and do as God would do. I told my mom these words are straight from his mouth yesterday and today because they are so fitting to the inside struggle I was having.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Marybeth, for your very helpful P31 devotion today! And for the great reminder that, in all we go through in life, we only need to keep bringing it all to Jesus, and He lifts us up and makes all things new. He is our Source of strength and life.
God's blessings on you and your family, Andrea

Van said...

Thanks Marybeth- what a reminder- Just take it to Him. Great devo!

Geralynn Baxter said...

I try to read the P31 devotion everyday. This really spoke to me today. So many times I just give up b/c I don't think I can do something. Currently I believe God is telling me something, but at times I wonder if the devil is just trying to be sneaky...and at times I want to stay in control so I hold things in thinking if I don't say them then they aren't there...but that's not true...I just have a lot of different things going on right now and I appreciate your prayers...

Thanks you!

Brazoriagirl said...

I wanted to thank you for your message and your devotion to God for sharing His gifts with all of us! That takes great dedication! I also wanted to share a little of my struggle with giving my cares to Him because I think not everyone sees things from the same angle and I wouldn't want anyone to miss the most important step in living a life for Him!

As a fairly new follower (7 years) out of 39, I really struggled with learning how to give up all of my concerns to Him. To make a long story short, I finally realized that if I include God in everything I do and think (like Jesus did) I don't have to remember when things get tough! Anyway, thanks again for your committment to sharing Him with us!

God Bless You!

MrsProverbs31 said...

Thank you for the devotion. I needed this reminder. It is easy to forget God's divine power to change our circumstances. Thank you for helping me apply it in such a way.

Oh yes, I certainly understand the need for peace and quiet as I do have six of my own. My daughter is in Mexico for a short-term mission trip for the youth. Today, I read her comment that she wants to be an intern there and that she didn't want to come home. :( . She's having ball, enjoying the peace in quiet away from us.

Good to visit your on the web. God bless.

Theresa Anderson said...

Thanks Marybeth - a timely word for me.

KarenW said...

Just what I needed to hear today. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Marybeth,
This was so what I needed today. I am a few days late on the P31 Devo but God knows when we need what and Friday I really didn't need this. I got up this morning and my daughter 24yo didn't come home last night. I have no idea where she is or what she is doing, who she is with, if she is ok or what. So I am having so very overwhelming feelings today. I have brought it to God and I know He will take care of it for me. I am feeling a little better, still concerned and hope I don't over-react when she gets home. Thanks for taking the time to share your heart, to help encourage others. God Bless. Melissa

Anonymous said...

Marybeth, I love to read your posts. I have to confess that I go to my email everyday to see if you have something new. Your words always encourage me "to do my next thing" and I find reading you lifts me up. I wonder how you (anyone) resolves your inner conflicts when you feel you've lost the faith. I so badly want to get back to where I can trust in god and share that with my children. I was faced with the possibility of losing my child(and still could) and several of the wonderful people I know have lost children and I find it so hard to accept that its gods will. I find it increasingly hard to answer our older childrens questions on heaven when I cant find the answers myself. How do you turn that over and trust. I admire everyones strong devotion I need that you guys life me up though thank you!