Pages

Monday, June 08, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook, Monday June 8, 2009


For Today...

Outside my window... blue skies and fat white clouds

From the learning rooms... waiting on our "summer school" books to come from Amazon (a whole post on that will be running tomorrow)

I am thankful for... some clarity from God on some issues I am dealing with-- even if I don't love the direction He is sending me, it's still good to have direction (and that's all I will say about that for now)

From the kitchen... sub sandwiches, Garden Salsa Sun Chips, fruit-- it's a swim meet night so we have to have something quick and easy to eat in shifts

I am wearing... gray track pants and one of my husband's tee shirts, fuzzy pink socks... it's morning and I am comfortable

I am reading... Too Many Cooks: Kitchen Adventures with 1 Mom, 4 Kids, and 102 Recipes... so, so good! It makes me want to cook up a storm! Highly recommended!!

I am hoping... to squeeze every drop of summer out of the next 3 months

I am creating... plans for the summer (more about that in the post tomorrow)

I am praying... for confirmation and direction, which, as I said, I am getting

Around the house... washing all the sheets on all the beds this week, playing the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack in the background while we work! (We finally saw the movie this weekend and drove straight to Target and bought the soundtrack afterwards.)

One of my favorite things... summertime

A few plans for the rest of the week... dentist appointments for four of the children, two radio interviews about the financial book, two swim meets, a playdate for my 3yo with one of her little CBS buddies... a busy week!

Note: The Simple Woman's Daybook is not my creation. Feel free to use the starters for your own blog posts. For more entries, check out her blog:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
Pin It!

3 comments:

emilyosburne said...

Marybeth,

I love the way you wrote this post! I visited The Simple Woman's Daybook and I am going to have to do it tomorrow. How do you find such good resources?

Flamingo said...

i always love your recipes! the chicken with pasta is a staple at our house now!!

round steak is on sale super cheap this week so now i have something to make with it! yeah!

i'm excited to see your post for tomorrow. i'm trying to really "plan" this summer. i'm starting to think about homeschooling more than i ever have before. do most of your kids attend "regular" school now?

i hardly read blogs anymore, but i'm always reading yours. i might purchase the book you suggested on amazon now!

Grandmother Wren said...

Hi Marybeth,

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find and visit one another while Peggy is on vacation.

Please stop by on Mondays to add your link – I’d love to see your Daybook there!