Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownie Bars


I have received Julie Druck's "A Heart For Home" newsletter for years. This recipe appeared in the June edition and I just had to share it with you all!



Peanut Butter Brownie Bars



1 box brownie mix for a 13x9” pan

1/2 C. butter, softened

1/2 C. creamy peanut butter

2 C. powdered sugar

1 Tbsp. milk

1 C. semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 C. butter



Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of a 13x9” pan with cooking spray. Mix brownies according to package directions. Bake for approx. 25 minutes at package temperature or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Cool completely. In medium bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients with mixer on medium until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownies. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter on medium heat 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth, microwave longer if needed. Cool 10 minutes; spread over peanut butter filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set and serve.



To subscribe to Julie's free e-newsletter, send an email to
aheartforhome-subscribe@welovegod.org
Pin It!

4 comments:

Angie said...

You are coming up with some good ones and you talk my talk when you say "chocolate."

I just hope Lysa doesn't hop over here to read this. All this talk about "sugar" might ban you from her reading list. :-)

Angel77 said...

No way! So I read Lysa's blog and get all gung ho for dieting and then I come over here and get a temptation!!! I can't win!!! Though I will have to try those brownies before the dieting begins!!!

Anonymous said...

Try these, too. They are gluten free. I don't have celiac, but I love almond butter so I tried the recipe. You won't be disappointed!

Chocolate Chip Brownies
1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate 73%
In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish
Pour batter into dish
Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes
Makes about 24 brownies

Sandra in Phx said...

Oooo, I am DEFINITELY going to make these! There is just nothing more heavenly than peanut butter and chocolate!!! I am SURE that is what they will be serving in Heaven!! LOL