Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Monday, May 11th


Outside my window... it's raining. Ugh.

I am thinking... about all the things I need to do before I leave on Wednesday.

From the learning rooms... wrapping up a year of learning. Only a few days left til our end of the year testing! There are decisions to be made about a new year on the horizon. Time to get out all those catalogs I love so much! Last week I hosted ladies from my church who homeschool and we spread out our favorite curriculum for a show and tell time. It was great fun if you are into that sort of thing, which I totally am! Thanks to our conversations, I think I am close to a decision about what we will use next year and am looking forward to hitting a large used curriculum sale at the end of this month as well.

I am thankful for... a great weekend with friends and family.

From the kitchen... easy, no-fuss meals this week. Am thinking of making these for breakfasts or snacks. Yum!

I am wearing... my "Modest is Hottest" tee shirt, grey track pants-- I will do my 35 minutes on the treadmill later so this is my workout attire.

I am reading... I just read Happens Every Day, a heartbreaking nonfiction book about the dissolution of a marriage. Next I am starting Moon Shell Beach by Nancy Thayer. With the feel of summer in the air, I am in the mood for a good beach read!

I am hoping... that my trip this week is every bit as awesome as I have imagined.

I am creating... nothing but a clean house and a happy childhood for my kids. I am on a project hiatus after finishing up my spring speaking season and turning in the second edits on The Reason We Speak. It feels good to have a drastically shortened to-do list.

I am praying... for God to speak to me while I am on my trip this week. I am looking forward to time to hear from Him and press into Him away from the noise and distractions (as much as I love my little noise makers!) of home.

Around the house... laundry, dishes and meals... the usual.

One of my favorite things... the month we are in, the glorious month of May!

A few plans for the rest of the week... we're back to nightly swim team practices, a new friend is coming over on Monday, an old friend is visiting me on Tuesday, I leave for my trip to the Colorado Christian Writers' Conference on Wednesday, returning on Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Some of our salt dough creations-- teddy bears, a bunny, a heart (this was a gift for a friend who was going through a rough time) and a snake. The three yo put so many coats of pink paint on her bunny that it made the baked salt dough mushy again. He had to "disappear" when she wasn't looking. Glad we have the pictures!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Can you send some of that precious rain our way?! We have a drought here in South Florida, and our grass is turning brown. Double Ugh!

Have a wonderful trip this week. May God speak a message to your heart that will encourage you and others at the conference.

God bless.

Sandra in Phx said...

I was going to ask if you could send the rain this way! It is much too hot here in Phoenix and I am in denial that summer has started here...and will continue for the next six months! LOL

I love when you do these entries. There is just something really cool about being able to peek into someone's week.

Debra said...

Marybeth,
Nice pictures you posted on Sunday.
Hope you have a great trip to the conference on wednesday.
Hey The month of May is my favorite month too, especially May 29th.(Wink)
Hugs,
Debra Z

Oh Dear said...

Love the tshirt!!! Have a GREAT time at the conference! I have already gotten my school catalog out and have started hitting up Craigslist, ebay, and friends for our needs. I love the idea of a fresh start and this one will include another little on who starting kindergarten!