Pages

Friday, May 01, 2009

Friday Morning


Thanks to all of you who left me a comment yesterday or emailed me privately to let me know you are reading! That was so sweet and brought a smile to my face! One of you guys pointed out that it is all about the writing and the creative expression, not the numbers. That's exactly what I was trying to say, but didn't know it. That without the numbers, I am re-discovering the joy of writing just for the sake of writing, not to craft my writing around what "hits" with people or what I think will draw numbers. To just write for the love of expressing myself, recording the big and little moments of life. And that is a good thing. A great thing.

Speaking of moments in life, last night my husband and I went to see Chris Botti (pronounced Boaty, not Bahti, don't make the same mistake I did). Some of you know who he is already because I have posted about my love of his music in the past. When I found out he was coming to our town, I had tickets bought within minutes! The show did not disappoint. Instead it exceeded my expectations. If he comes near you, I highly recommend going. It was a fun night of culture for me and Curt, doing something we don't normally do and branching out a bit from what is a "normal" date for us. I love that!

I have had a rough week... one filled with obligations I can't quite meet and working through some tough issues I didn't want to think about. But in the midst of that there has been laughter and even some joy spliced in for good measure-- just so I don't forget that God is in the mix, don't lose sight of His grace always working. The concert was that for me. Before I went, I was wishing I hadn't committed to going the night before a retreat. I was thinking of the million things I *should* be doing. And yet, getting away from the "shoulds" and focusing on my husband, our marriage and just enjoying some good music on a beautiful warm spring evening was exactly what we needed. God provides times of refreshing (Acts 3:19), and this was one for us.

Want to know more about Chris?

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8NN4fpdm40
(We got to see this done live. Amazing-- my favorite part of the whole concert.)

And here's just a favorite one of mine... no Sting was not there (sadly):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inb4jomYtcc

Pick up some of Chris' music on cd or download on ITunes-- you won't be disappointed! It's great to play when you have guests over, or are working around the house, or while you are writing, or when you are having a romantic night with your husband...
Pin It!

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

I love being introduced to new music. I checked out the video and I love it! Definitely going on my iPod! Thanks so much. I'm so glad you enjoyed date night. What a wonderful evening that must have been. We had date night last weekend and are keeping the Grands tonight.

Zoe said...

Thanks for reminding me how awesome Chis's music is. We're going to be using some of his things at the rehearsal dinner.
Yay!