Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

What About The Husbands?


Several of you wrote me privately to ask about husbands and money. Some of you have husbands who refuse to tithe. Some of you have husbands who are totally checked out of the whole financial picture of the marriage, seeing "their money" as something to be used at their discretion, with no discussion needed. I will say that, at certain points in our marriage, Curt has had those attitudes. But God got a hold of him and showed him the need for change, pointing him in a new direction. While I wanted him to change, I couldn't see how in the world we were going to get there.

Prayer was a huge part of my role during that time, and patience. But, as many of you know, waiting on God to move is hard-- especially when you wonder about your family's situation or your financial future. It took time and faith for me to see changes. But they did happen.

I asked my husband to respond to some of the questions and he did. He wrote a blog post about how we had to become a team where our finances were concerned. I hope that those of you who are struggling with this will take a moment to go read it.

Don't give up! If God can transform our financial roles, then He can do it with yours!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Tassi said...

That's great. Being a team is a beautiful thing and I have to say my relationship with my husband over money is not where it should be. I don't want to say too much but these issues do require prayer and patience.

Have a great day!

Laurie Ann said...

I love it when the two truly do become one flesh. We are together on our spending and planning and are working on doing it more wisely. Awesome post by your hubby, BTW!

Debra said...

MB,
Wonderful post by Curt. Great!
Thanks.
Debra

Tulabell said...

My husband and I are signing up for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace course that is being held at our church after service. He (my husband) thinks we are a team but usually I make a lot of the decisions myself for when I run out of money or overspend and I am really guilty for not telling him. I think this course will be good, although he feels we don't need it.