Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Again


Just to let you know, I am back from my weekend trip.

Still fighting that cold I was fighting-- not being incapacitated by it, but also not feeling normal.

My time with the ladies of Highland Baptist in Raleigh, NC was great. Some really cool things happened there and I was blessed to know God allowed me to be a part of it. On Friday night, I had some great time with my friend eating dinner at The Chop House Restaurant and talking for hours, catching up on each other's lives. She is in the throes of life with three young children; I was in her shoes ten years ago and tried to remember what that was like. My friend also snuck away from her home demands and came to see me speak, which was such a blessing for me to have her there.

All in all it was a great trip and I am so glad I went.

Now I am home resting up and preparing to leave again for PA on Friday. In the meantime, I am glad for time with my kids and am so happy to hunker down in this place called home.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You're my "Mama Monday" today! =)

Bri Schaaf said...

I hope you feel better soon! Rest well!

Sandra in Phx said...

Sorry to hear that the cold is sticking around for a bit longer. I pray that you feel better soon.

Laurie Ann said...

Welcome back and I hope you feel better soon. Prayers going up for you.

JottinMama said...

I hope that cold goes away real soon! Enjoy your time at home with your family this week :)

Blessings to you,
Kate :)