Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year In Review


New Year's Eve is a time for looking ahead at the new year to come, but also looking back at what has happened in the past 365 days. So, I thought I would share some highlights with you here.

We finally moved after having a house on the market for a year.

We became debt free, except for our mortgage for the first time in our 17 year marriage!

We wrote a book on marriage and money. (Comes out in March 0f 09)

I wrote/edited a book for Christian speakers. (Comes out in July of 09)

I broke my foot and a few months later, my daughter broke hers!

Went to Disney World with a bunch of mom bloggers.

Went to North Carolina Home Educators conference with my husband.

Went to the International Christian Retail Show with my husband.

Spent ten days at my uncle's beach house, half of that with my friend Karen Ehman and her kiddos!

Spoke at a bunch of different places and met some great people.

Attended the She Speaks conference with my teenage daughter, and roomed with Shari Braendel.

Two of my kids got their braces off, and one got braces on for the second time!

My oldest son got the lead male role in Annie (as Oliver Warbucks) at our town's community theater, and even sang some solos. He was also in Footloose this summer.

I had my first gardening experience when we participated in a co-op garden this summer.

My kids swam on our neighborhood swim team, going undefeated for the third year in a row!


Of course I only included the big stuff-- and mostly the good stuff, with very little bad. I left out the million and one little things that happened every day-- the people we saw, the conversations we had, the ins and outs and ups and downs that all go towards making life interesting. All in all, 08 was a good year. Here's to a great 09!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Bonita said...

That's a lot of forward progress!!!

Sandra in Phx said...

What a great list!! Wondering what I would put on mine...

Laurie Ann said...

Thanks for sharing your year with us, Marybeth. As I have followed your blog I remembered the excitement of some of these things - for example, when you moved. I think you were just moving when I first started reading your blog. You've had an awesome year and I'm praying 2009 is another one for you and your dear family.

Julie Zine Coleman said...

Don't forget all of the encouragement you gave to your readers with the frequent and honest sharing of your life online. I love the fact you can laugh at the disasters and learn from your mistakes. It encourages the rest of us to follow your example-- and not take ourselves too too seriously. So thank you for your blog-- I don't comment often but I do read you faithfully.

I am looking forward to your new book on speakers. I bought and read "For the Write Reason" back a few years ago when I attended She Speaks. It was very helpful to read as a beginning writer. It gave me realistic expectations (namely, learning to live with rejection!!) but also gave me hope. As I have an active speaking ministry, I look forward to what you have to say about that part of being in ministry for women.

Thanks for your writing-- I look forward to more in 2009.