Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Note To Self: Start A Visual Journal Soon!


I keep this blog as much for myself as I do for anyone else. It is my place to record my thoughts, my favorites, my children's lives... the things we all want to keep, to cherish. Today as I read Ann Voskamp's blog about creating a visual journal, I was inpired to document all her links in one place so that I can come back to this post when I get ready to make one for myself. (Must buy supplies and carve out some time first.)

I absolutely love this idea-- it lines up with my life management notebook and appeals to the part of me that, as Shannon Woodward said in her note to Ann, wants to pause, to linger, to remember. A visual journal reminds me that there is managing life... and then there is savoring it. Both are important. Both are relevant. Both are necessary. My thanks to Ann for reminding me to balance my life by remembering the best parts of it-- all the little things that make up my days. And forgive me for occasionally using this blog as a personal repository of things I need-- I hope it benefits any of you who find yourselves here.

http://aholyexperience.com/2008/09/tutorial-on-visual-homemaking-journal.html
http://aholyexperience.com/2008/06/visual-homemaking-journal-more.html
Pin It!

2 comments:

Bonita said...

Thank you, thank you for putting this on your blog. I saw some of these posts a while back or some like it and wanted to do the same thing, but I had no idea how to get back to the posts I'd seen. This helps a lot!

Hey, maybe if I can ever figure out when I can actually make it over to see your new house we could work on our journals together!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I made one after seeing Ann's. I LOVE it! I put all sorts of things in it--it's my personal "planner" and to-do list, as well as a place to jot special notes I want to keep. I don't use it in "order." I just open to the page that appeals to me that day. That's what inspiration is all about.