Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tampa FL Here We Come!


Tomorrow morning bright and early, I leave for Tampa FL with my two oldest children. We will drive for most of the day and arrive close to dinner time for a long weekend with my stepsister and her family, celebrating my niece's graduation and 18th birthday combined. This trip was supposed to include Curt, but some things came up and he is now going to have to stay home with the younger kids. I am bummed for lots of reasons-- a very important one being that now I have to do all the driving. I don't mind driving, but I don't love it either.

Tomorrow is also, incidentally, my birthday. I will be spending it in the car. With two teenagers. Doesn't that sound fun?

Actually, I am looking forward to it. I will enjoy the time connecting with my older two without the noise and distractions of the younger children. Not that I don't adore my younger ones-- but the older ones enjoy the time away, understandably so. They have been counting the days to this trip and are so excited! We will spend a fun, packed-full of special events weekend and then drive back home all day Sunday.

I know my posting has been spotty this week, but I figured that with my extra long entries from last week it would balance itself out somehow. The next few days may very well be spotty as well. I hope to have some fun and exciting posts set up for next week though-- so don't be a stranger!
Pin It!

8 comments:

Paige said...

Let me be the First to say Happy Birthday to my bff. Hope you guys have a wonderful trip and enjoys that time with Jack and Ashleigh. See you next week.
Love,
Paige

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful! Traveling for relaxation is so much different from traveling for business. Drink in its sweetness and relax.

Happy Four said...

Happy Birthday!

Soon to be in Matthews...Caroline in AZ

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a wonderful and safe trip. Enjoy this time with the older ones.See you when you get back home.
Erica

Jonatha said...

You should go to Fort DeSoto park in St. Pete while you are there - it's one of the best beaches in Florida and well worth the trip! Enjoy your time with the big kids - that is always special!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I am sure that when it's over you will be so glad that you had that time with your oldest two. I also have 6 children and I have found it very special when I get to enjoy them one on one (or 2 by 2). So enjoy and I hope your birthday was a blessed one!

Christine said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday and that your trip is a special time with your older children!