Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

MIA... Again


I wanted to let you all know that I have come down with a very bad cold/flu/allergy thing that has left me whimpering and muling around in a downright pitiful state. I haven't been this sick in a very long time. And, just for the record, moms shouldn't get sick. It doesn't work for the rest of the family to have the team co-captain on the injured list.

Today I was supposed to speak for a local moms' group on finances (which is what our book is on) and late last night I realized that, barring a miracle straight from Heaven, I was not going to be able to pull it off. I barely have a voice. So, I prevailed upon my co-author (aka my husband) to speak in my place. And he did it! He used parts of this post to illustrate how God wants us to trust Him with our finances. I have gotten terrific feedback from the moms that were there and it is safe to say they didn't even miss me! So, that was quite a blessing for me and great speaking practice for him as we get ready to launch this book.

And so, I'm just letting you know that it might be spotty posting at best around here while I try to get well. I have too much to do to be sick!! Prayers appreciated.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Amy L Brooke said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather!

Have you read to your kids about Owen and Mzee. I would suspect it is in the library. Cute story about real life freindship between a baby hippo and an ancient tortise.

I just gave it to some friends who are moving. The girls loved it.

Laura said...

Stink!! Hope you feel better soon! I just finished fighting that stuff. No fun at all!

MaryLu said...

Oh I hate that! We've been sick here too. DH mentioned that this year he has been sick for longer periods of time, more often than he ever has.
So sorry about your illness, get well soon, saying a prayer right now!!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I pray you recover quickly so you can have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Blessings,
Pearls

Alyce said...

Hope you get to feeling better real soon!
Alyce

Kelly said...

Marybeth, I am praying you will be well soon...I had pneumonia over a month ago and it was awful being sick like that...praying for healing for you!
PS I am so looking foward to reading you and your husband's book on finances!
Hugs,
Kelly

Lisa said...

Oh, bummer! To be expected with all the stress of the house, and the travel on top of that. I pray for the Lord to give you peace and refreshment as you recover. Go to bed and let everything else wait for another day!

Blessings and love,
Elisa

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Prayers and Blessings for a speedy recovery!

Rebecca