Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

My "Other" Blog


Some of you already know that, in addition to blogging here, I also am one of the "Real World Moms" who blog at PreciousMoms.com. At first I struggled to find a focus for that blog, as this blog is such a brain dump for me that pretty much everything goes in here! I knew that to have two of those would be pointless. So I decided to make that blog more specific. I talked it over with the nice folks who run that blog and they agreed that I could make it about balancing writing and motherhood as long as I made it inclusive for any mom who is balancing any kind of dream and motherhood.

Does that sentence even make sense?

If not, feel free to read it as many times as you need. It's not you, it's me. My brain is not working right because all the vomit is affecting my brain. The smell goes into my nose and seeps into my brain and makes it dizzy and addled and prone to crazy, nonsensical ramblings. Like this one. Did I mention that the two year old got better but now FOUR MORE have it? Can you say vomitrocious?

But I digress. You don't want to hear about vomit, do you? But we're all moms, here, right? (Except for a few men who read-- but I suspect they are dads and as immune to talk of vomit as we moms are.)

Back to the topic at hand. What was it? Oh yes, my other blog. All of this to say that I did decide to make it about writing and motherhood and how the two can exist in harmony (mostly). And about priorities and balance and pursuing the dreams God has planted in your heart in keeping with the role He has given you to play. That's the subject matter of that blog. It is truly one of my favorite things to talk about, think about or write about. So it fits.

For awhile I was saying I would post every weekend. But after several weekends devoted to home improvement and house hunting, I have found that I don't have the time I thought I would have on the weekends. So I have settled on Thursdays. Which is today in case you didn't know. And I did post today. So hop on over there and check it out. And keep checking back because, Lord willing, I will be posting there once a week, on Thursdays.

Even when I have vomit on the brain.
Pin It!

No comments: