Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

More About My Foot


Because I know you all are on pins and needles just wanting to know...

I spent yesterday lying in bed. Literally, I could only walk as far as the bathroom, then back to bed. And walk is a loose term. Stagger would be more fitting. I provided lots of comic relief for my children, who I kept home from school to help me. Because I literally could not figure out a way to take care of my little ones alone. I needed my 13 yo to help me-- and what a great help she was. She wrote her perspective on her new blog she started. Go here to read it, and please leave her a comment telling her what an awesome kid she is for jumping in and helping the way she did!

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my sister-in-law, Jennifer, who is one of my faithful blog readers. She wanted to know why in the world I did not call on the family for help. (Why is it when I just wrote "the family" I felt like we are in the mafia?) Anyway, she fussed at me good-naturedly and then informed me that, since I had not called on my in-laws, she had done it for me. She also insisted I go to the doctor. I told her I did not think it was necessary. She said we would see about that.

My in-laws did end up coming over after work and bringing that lifeline of all lifelines-- pizza. They fed the kids, read them stories, talked to them and got them ready for bed while I continued to lie in bed. By the time they left, Curt was close to getting home. After he walked in the door, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. The Cavalry had arrived! Although, after a long day, I am quite sure he was not feeling like The Cavalry. But he sure looked like it from where I was sitting.

This morning, we are headed to the doctor, against my better wishes. It seems The Family has weighed in and decided that I will be getting my foot x-rayed, just to get a diagnosis and perhaps some insight on what kind of recovery we are looking at. I am not one for running to the doctor-- and I am really not one for shelling out money just to hear "It's badly bruised." Because I have had that happen. I hope that isn't what he tells me this time. Because a bruise just sounds silly-- and not nearly as monumental as the pain I am dealing with.

I will keep you posted.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Blessings at your doctor's appointment! I pray that it's nothing, but I am like you...if I'm in that much pain and am shelling out money for a diagnosis, then there better be something wrong! hahaha Why are we like that? We should be rejoicing when nothing is wrong!

Rebecca

Melissa Milbourn said...

I KNEW it! I always had you pegged as a mafia family :-)

Seriously, I hope your foot gets better soon, although on a positive note, you can "not run" as in excerise, right now, and not feel guilty....

Alyce said...

Its so great when family steps in to help..and then, its also great when they step OUT from helping..hehe..
I hope your appt went well this morning..Keep us posted!

Blessings~Alyce