Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

Yummy Cookies


I made these last night after we got home from our trip. And I am making two more batches right now. Tis the season, right? I had to make one batch for Curt to take to work this morning for a cookie exchange at work. Then today I have made two more batches-- one for the teachers' cookie exchange at school and one to take tonight to my Momtourage Christmas social. Fun! Tomorrow night I will be making one more goodie for a party my 13 yo daughter is going to. I have a list of gifts/ornaments to buy for the various exchanges either myself or my children are going to-- and the list goes on. Anyone else feeling this way?
I must confess, it is busy, and harried, and crazy. But I wouldn't change a thing! I love Christmas!
Discovering easy cookies like these to whip up in a flash sure does make things easier. Here is the recipe, taken from one of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks my mom got me. Y'all, these cookbooks are so good! This one is called, "Christmas Cookies" and is full of-- you guessed it-- recipes for cookies! A great one to pull out for some inspiration for yet another cookie exchange.
Can't Leave Alone Bars
1 pkg. white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
6 oz. pkg semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, sliced
Combine dry cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix well. Press two-thirds of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9X13 dish. Set aside. In microwavable bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in intervals of one minute per time, stirring after each time, just until chips are melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over batter. Drop remaining cake mixture by teaspoonfuls (I just pinched off bits with my fingers) over top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until batter on top is light golden. Let cool, then cut into bars. Makes 3 dozen.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Someone Being Me said...

Those sound amazing. I just did a cookie exchange at my neighbor's this weekend and picked up some more recipes. I'll have to add yours to my list of things I need to make.