Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What Is CBS?


I had a comment asking me what CBS is? Good question!
And no, it's not the tv network, just in case you were wondering!
CBS stands for Community Bible Study. They are not affiliated with any denomination, and really focus on coming together as a community to study God's word, laying aside denominational differences. Which means that Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, Catholics, etc. are all there together studying the same Bible and focusing on the One thing necessary. It is a great study that goes through a single book or group of books each year. The choice of what books is up to the leadership of each individual group. My group is studying Acts this year-- and I am loving it! This is a book I have always wanted to study.
I have been involved with CBS for five years prior to the birth of my sixth child. When she was born, I sat out that year-- and lived to regret that decision, as it was tough to get back in. Childcare spots for our group are at a premium, so it is best to hold onto those spots, I learned! It took us two years to get back in, but we are finally back.
I am so grateful to be back studying God's word in depth with other Christian women, and to have that accountability is great too!
You can go here to see if there is one in your area. I highly recommend it!
Pin It!

No comments: