Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Muffin Report (and a recipe, too!)


Just to let you know, these were a hit! They passed the extremely critical palates of my children with flying colors-- and that is saying a lot. Because these guys are definitely honest about my cooking and would have told me if they didn't like them!

Yesterday I made the muffins and I also made pumpkin crisp-- which was also very yummy. We had it for dessert last night with Cool Whip on it. The kids loved that as well, and my son (who loves pumpkin pie) pronounced that the crisp is actually better than pie. So, I will post the recipe in case anyone wants to make it for a weeknight treat for their family like I did, or tuck it away to make for Thanksgiving! (Which is coming soon... how did that happen?)

Pumpkin Crisp
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 9X13 pan. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Pour into 9X13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle melted butter as evenly as you can over pecans. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown all over. Cool. Serve warm with whipped topping.
(Note: this still looked a bit jiggly when I took it out, but it was golden brown on top, and in danger of getting too done, so I went ahead and got it out. It tasted fine and of the right consistency, so don't go by how jiggly it seems.)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

We call that same recipe Pumpkin Cobbler and it is *definitely* a favorite around here! I took it to a friend once after she had her twins and both she and her mom begged me for the recipe. It's a very, very good thing!

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Hi MaryBeth,
This looks really good. I'll have to try it with the kids! Looks yummy.

BTW, I was in the class on Monday night when you called in on the phone. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. I learned so much in the time you spent with us. It was very encouraging. Thank you again!!

Anonymous said...

Hi MaryBeth! I found your blog through Proverbs 31 Ministries. Love the work you gals are doing there.

1 Question: The pumpkin crisp sounds yummy. What size can evap milk?

Anonymous said...

Hey MaryBeth!!
I just made this recipe off your bolg for our small group!! It looks awesome and I cant wait to try it. HAve a blessed day
Amanda McEwen