Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

God Is In The Delays


The other afternoon I was steadily working on a devotion for Proverbs when I discovered that time had gotten away from me and I needed to get in the car and head to the school for pickup. I have to admit that I was really wishing for a carpool genie right about then, as I really didn't want to stop writing. I was in a groove and the words were flowing. If you write, you know what that feels like-- it is not something that is easy to give up.

But I did. I wondered when I was going to be able to pick up my writing again, and if the words would flow once more. Would I remember where I was headed?

The next morning, I was reading my Daily Message Bible and what did I stumble upon but the perfect verse for the devotion I had written the day before! Had I forced the issue and continued writing, I might not have been open or aware of how perfect this verse was. I believe that it was in God's plan for me to lay my writing down when I did-- and leave the completion of that devotion up to Him. He had it all under control, as always.

People often ask how I balance writing with raising six children. This is just one example of the kinds of lessons God has taught me about how He will expand my time, my energy and my resources supernaturally-- if I will just get out of His way. I have to do what He has called me to do, moment by moment, and let Him take care of getting it all done. God is in the times of flourishing and perseverance, but He is also in the times of rest and laying down our agendas. I am learning to look for Him everywhere and trust Him to work through me, in spite of me.
Pin It!

No comments: