Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Yum!


I am having spaghetti, salad, and french bread for dinner on Wednesday night, which is an old standby and favorite at our house. (Except for my oldest, but hey, you can't please everybody, right?)

In fact, we had a cookie-making fiasco this afternoon when my 12 yo daughter made cookies all by herself. The long and short of it is, she did something wrong to the cookies and they didn't turn out right. Oh, they were still edible, they just weren't the right consistency-- and they were sort of transparent-- like stained glass-- when they were finished baking. And so, I talked to her about it-- and we tried to ease her mind with the story of how, when we got married, I only knew how to make spaghetti. And even then, I didn't know how to make it very well because I used to leave the lid off and all the liquid would evaporate and we would have basically tomato flavored meat over noodles by the time I was done with it. And so, in short, I hope we made her feel better.

I am truly a living testimony to God's transformative powers-- and not just in the area of homemaking!

But I didn't post this to talk about that. I posted to link to this recipe. I am so excited to try this with our bread on Wednesday night, as this is one of my favorite things to get at Carrabbas or Macaroni Grill. I even have some fresh garlic on hand that I plan to use. I will let you know how it turns out-- and let me know if you try it!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Shari Braendel said...

Ohhhh MB, now let me tell you about that little girl's baking ability! I KNOW for a fact that that sweet little 12 year old can bake! Because she made cookies for ME when I was at your house...tell her that I think she is the cookie queen and she can bake for me anytime! In fact, I actually think of her as someone who is handy in the kitchen on all aspects! Love you, Shari