Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Some Sunday Thoughts


I read this article with great interest today, thanks to a note on Lindsey's blog to check it out. Let me just say that this is an important article for all parents to read. I needed to read it today. What she says about taking time to evaluate where you are as a family is something that I am craving right now. My friend Dawn just returned from the beach and noted on her blog how she was able to spend time praying and studying her Bible, and just hearing from God while she was there. I am hoping for the same out of my upcoming time at the beach-- time to rest and refocus, time to process and listen.

Our pastor talked today about hearing from God. His message reminded me a lot of my friend Lysa's book, "What Happens When Women Say Yes To God." That book served to make me more aware of God's direction in my life-- of learning to yield my days to Him and to look for divine appointments from Him. Some days I do better with this than others, I must admit! But I am trying.

As I have said more than once on this blog, I am coming out of a hyper-busy time in my life. I am craving some slow-down and ponder time. I am looking forward to our time at the beach-- time to unplug and time to detach from all the things that pull at me at home. Time to seek God's face as I look heavenward, to hear His voice in the crashing waves.

But for now, I am thinking about what Amy said in her post-- and wondering how this fits in my life, and what it means for me as a mother. Some good stuff to ponder as I determine how God would have me (and my family) live.
Pin It!

No comments: