Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Menu For The Next Five Days (and other stuff)


As we drove home from ICRS, we sang a few lines from the song, "Back to life, back to reality."
Ah, but it is true. I am back to life, back to the reality of dishes and laundry, sibling skirmishes and the noise, noise, noise, noise!

Today I had a very productive day-- and if I sound like I am patting myself on the back, well, I am. Because if I don't, who will?
I got up, got ready, got my daughter to her orthodontist appt, stopped and had lunch with my mom and the kids at Chick fil a, went by the library, then went to the grocery to stock up on much needed food. Got home from the grocery, unpacked the groceries, got the baby down for her nap and left her with my oldest daughter while I took the younger two to get my hair cut. It had not been cut since NOVEMBER people. I am not lying.
When we got home, I made tacos for dinner and baked a loaf of banana bread to have for breakfast tomorrow. After the kids ate, Curt got home and took them to the pool for a bit while I went on my run. After I ran, I came back to the computer and sent off my posts for Faith Lifts for the next three weeks, then started writing blog posts. When Curt and the kids got back, he made them all Root Beer floats-- a real treat. And yes, I will admit that I had one. Boy, was it good!

And now, I am going to bed with the sheer satisfaction of knowing that I gave my family my all today-- and managed to squeeze a bit of ministry around the edges to boot.

A good day, all in all.

And here is the reason for the title of this post:

Tonight) tacos, grapes, sliced strawberries (To make taco filling, brown two pounds of ground beef, add 30 oz of tomato sauce and two packets of taco seasoning. This is way more yummy than the kind from the back of the box and feeds a crowd!)

Friday) chicken and gravy, stuffing, green beans

Saturday) marinated grilled chicken, broccoli, pasta pomodoro

Sunday) grilled chicken (planned leftovers) over salad

Monday) spaghetti, french bread, salad (planned leftover)
Pin It!

No comments: