Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

Adios!


Well, today I leave for this. I will be speaking at this on Saturday, then staying to enjoy the fun and some serious girlfriend time. I won't be back until Tuesday night, so expect some silence on the blog. Although I just got notified that I won a contest for "most posts" (16 posts in 7 days-- who knew?) on my friend Leah's blog, so I guess that will make up for it! Thanks Leah!

Before I leave, I have to get lots of stuff done-- including making meals for when I am gone. Of course, my family could feed themselves (Domino's delivers!) but I like leaving homemade food for them. It's the least I can do. In the meantime I get to enjoy the break from cooking while I am gone. I will definitely enjoy that!

Kudos to my amazing husband for letting me do this-- and for taking care of things while I am gone. He pointed out last night that this weekend our family will be scattered across four states-- no kidding! Two of the kids will be in DC, one is in SC, the rest are here in NC and I will be in GA. While that is quite interesting, it is also not something I like. Like a mother hen, I want my brood right up under my wings!

I hope you all have a great weekend. And look for me to post about my trip sometime on Wednesday, after I spend a substantial amount of time snuggling with my kids! I am really dreading being away and in the middle of the night last night had serious thoughts of not going. I know going is the right thing to do, but leaving is not easy. No matter how much fun it is going to be, I still would rather be home. I am just strange that way.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yep - didn't know you were in a contest, did ya? =) I kept checking bloglines while I was gone, and there were a few in the running with you, but you pulled ahead and never looked back! Ha.

Have a great time this weekend! And don't worry about the kids or your hubby. Sounds like they're all being well-taken care of. Enjoy your days away, and know that when you come back, you'll be refreshed and re-energized, and more than ready to love on 'em all! Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder.